The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for Tier 1 troubleshooting and administration of existing systems including Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Exchange 2003/10/13, storage appliances (EMC, DELL and EQL), virtualization (Vmware and Hyper-V), and backup. Our managed network contains well over 150 servers, 250 network devices, 500+ workstations, spread over 50 different sites. He/she troubleshoots network problems, monitors the network and escalates, reports and remedies system failures to Tier 2 and 3. Tier 1/Helpdesk support of end points, applications and servers. Assists in system engineering projects as assigned; He/she is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and the smooth flow of information.
- Employee must be experienced with: 1-2 years of experience in multi-location IT environments, understanding of AD forests, trees, domains, replication, etc. (MCP certifications a plus)
- Understanding of networks, subnetting.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects and issues simultaneously. Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft desktop and server systems, including Windows Server 2003-2012R2, Exchange 2003-2013, and Active Directory Services (single and multiple site environments)
- Anti-virus, remote access technologies
- Nagivate Connectwise (PSA)
- Manage lifecycle of tickets
- Attend team meetings
- Respond to client and corporate email within established time frames
- Participate in training and development
- Follows up on completed tickets to ensure that the task(s) were completed to their satisfaction.
- Update client documentation when needed
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Areas of Focus:
- Maintain top level customer service; you will interact with clients so professionalism and positive attitude should be exemplary
- Ensure that standard procedures are follow for troubleshooting and triage of all client technical issues
- Provide regular status updates to supervisor and team members
- Communicate effectively within IT organization and with clients in both verbal and written communications
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree or applicable Associates Degree preferred
- Relevant certifications a plus (MCP, MCSE, Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware)
- Strong analytical reasoning and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High proficiency and comfort level with instructions and procedures
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs unassisted
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate organization and documentation skills
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Reliable personal vehicle
** IMPORTANT** Please upload/email BOTH a cover letter and copy of your resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. If you are not a local candidate, please let us know in your cover letter what you like about Durango, CO, and why you want to relocate here. We do not offer a relocation package for this position. No calls or walk-ins. Please spell check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org