Senior Systems Admin and Network Engineer oversees, manages and performs installations, maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of existing network systems including Windows 2012/2019, Exchange Server (on prem/cloud platforms), storage appliances (EMC, DELL and EQL), virtualization (Vmware and Hyper-V), DR and Cisco/Meraki Network Solutions (Route/Switch/Collab/WLAN/Security)
Our managed network contains well over 150 servers, 250 network devices, 500+ workstations, spread over 50 different sites. He/she troubleshoots network problems, monitors the network and reports and remedies system failures. He/she performs installations of assigned network components, performs backup maintenance and restores, administers patch management systems and performs patch and updates testing.
Other tasks include: project management, performs upgrades and maintenance often during after-hours maintenance windows; assists in system engineering projects as assigned; provides 3rd Tier support to the end user help desk; provides after hours on-call services in a rotating schedule. He/she is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and the smooth flow of information. Uses expertise and experience to build solutions that meet and/or exceed requirements that include product and implementation service. Delivers and presents solutions to our customers. Develops and fosters relationships with customers to ensure Think is viewed as their go-to strategic partner.
Candidate must be experienced with:
- 5-7+ years of experience in multi-location IT environments.
- Strong understanding of MSFT AD forests, trees, domains, replication, etc.
- Understanding of networks, subnetting and routing.
- Knowledgeable working in CLI such as PowerShell, Cisco IOS, Etc.
- Virtualization experience a must, preferably in VMWare 5.x-6
- Proficient in the complete Microsoft stack including AD, DNS, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, etc
- Experience with NFS, iSCSI.
- Provisioning volumes, LUNs, and experience with SnapMirror, SnapVault, FlexClones, SnapManager and other EQL technologies a must.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Batch, php, perl, bash and PowerShell scripting experience preferable
- Willingness to be “go-to” — as top level technical resource
- Microsoft Office Suite Microsoft desktop and server systems, including Windows Server, Exchange, Server and Active Directory Services (single and multiple site environments)
- Backup technologies (Veeam) Anti-virus Software deployment technologies
- Virtualization Technologies.
- Hypervisors; ESX, Hyper-V (single host and clustered)
- Fault Tolerance and HANetworking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting, VLANs etc.)
- Remote access technologies (VPN, both client and web app, terminal services, published apps etc.)
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and improve Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, Network Policy Service, Active Directory Federation Service, Rights Management Service, Certification Authority, and other Windows services
- Responsible for Exchange / SharePoint / TFS / SQL Server platform stability, maintenance and advancement
- Proactive systems, services and network monitoring Design, implement & maintain infrastructure in multiple international locations
- VMware ESXi and vCenter management, deployment and troubleshooting
- Implementation & support of IDS/IPS, active intrusion system
- Research & recommend new technologies and solutions to improve IT services
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- 7+ years minimum experience
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred or significant field experience and certifications.
- Strong Cisco background with the ability to design, support, configure, and implement advanced Cisco environments.
- Cisco CCIE/CCNP and CISSP Certification preferred
- Other relevant certifications are preferred (MCP, MCSE, MCITP, VCP, Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Travel may be required for this position. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance.
- Ability to demonstrate organization and documentation skills
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- To learn more about career opportunities at Think, please visit our website at www.thinknettech.com.
- Additional job opportunities can be found on our website.
** IMPORTANT** Please email BOTH a cover letter and copy of your resume; your resume will not be considered without both. If you are not a local candidate, please let us know in your cover letter what you like about Durango, CO , and why you want to relocate here! No calls or walk-ins. Please spell check.