Think Network Technologies
Senior Network and Systems Engineer performs installations, maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of existing network systems including Windows 2003/2008/2012, Exchange 2003/10/13/16, storage appliances (EMC, DELL and EQL), virtualization (Vmware and Hyper-V), and backup. Our managed network contains well over 150 servers, 250 network devices, 500+ workstations, spread over 50 different sites. He/she troubleshoots network problems, monitors the network and reports and remedies system failures. He/she performs installations of assigned network components, performs backup maintenance and restores, administers patch management systems and performs patch and updates testing.
Other tasks include performing upgrades and maintenance, often during after-hours maintenance windows; assisting in system engineering projects as assigned; providing 2nd and/or 3rd Tier support to the end user; providing after hours on-call services in a rotating schedule. He/she is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and exceptional communication.
- Strong understanding of AD forests, trees, domains, replication, etc.
- Understanding of networks, subnetting and static routing.
- Knowledgeable working in CLI such as PowerShell, Cisco IOS, Etc.
- Virtualization experience a must, preferably in VMWare 5.x
- Proficient in the compete Microsoft stack including Exchange, Server, SharePoint, SQL, etc
- Experience with NFS, iSCSI. Provisioning volumes, LUNs, and experience with SnapMirror, SnapVault, FlexClones, SnapManager and other EQL technologies a must.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects and issues simultaneously
- Batch, php, perl, bash and PowerShell scripting experience preferable
- Willingness to be “go-to” – remote support and on-call 24/7
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft desktop and server systems, including Windows Server 2003-2012 R2, Exchange 2003-2016, and Active Directory Services 2003-2012 R2 (single and multiple site environments)
- Backup technologies (CA, Datto, Backup Exec, etc.)
- Software deployment technologies
- Virtualization Technologies. Hypervisors; ESX, Hyper-V (single host and clustered) Fault Tolerance and HA
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting, VLANs etc.)
- Remote access technologies (VPN, both client and web app, terminal services, published apps etc.) Maintain, troubleshoot, and improve Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, Network Policy Service, Active Directory Federation Service, Rights Management Service, Certification Authority, and other Windows services
- Responsible for Exchange / SharePoint / TFS / Lync / SQL Server platform stability, maintenance and advancement
- Proactive systems, services and network monitoring
- Design, implement & maintain infrastructure in multiple international locations
- VMware ESXi and vCenter management, deployment and troubleshooting
- Implementation & support of IDS/IPS, active intrusion system
- Research & recommend new technologies and solutions to improve IT services
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
- 5-7+ years of experience in multi-location IT environments.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree or significant field experience and certifications.
- Relevant certifications a requirement (MCP, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA, CCNP, VCP) Microsoft, Cisco, Vmware
- Exceptional communication skills
- Reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to demonstrate organization and documentation skills
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented
- Authorization to work in the U.S.